As Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and unified communications adoption use continues to grow, the complexities and pitfalls of VoIP must be addressed. The Session Border Controller (SBC) addresses key VoIP and UC issues around security, remote workers, firewalls, transcoding and SIP interoperability. This whitepaper presents the critical features an SBC delivers to a VoIP/UC enabled network.
In this free whitepaper you will learn about:
- Security: Protect from denial of service attacks (DoS or DDoS), fuzzing, and toll fraud.
- Encryption: Prevent eavesdropping and authenticate the call end points.
- Policy: Prevent unregistered end points from getting access to your VoIP service.
- Call routing: Provide least cost routing and load balancing across trunks.
- SIP conversoin: Allow SIP-based equipment from different vendors to interconnect.
- Media transcoding: Generate the best quality of service the connection can provide, from HD Voice quality to small bandwidth optimized codecs.
- DTMF detection/generation: Enable fax, legacy phone handsets, and interactive voice response (IVR) system to recognize tones transmitted through the SIP connection
- Scalability: Respond to increasing demand on your VoIP services.
Complete the form on this page to download your free copy of The SBC – The Critical Component.