Specialized Hardware Answers Booming VoIP Transcoding Demands
Transcoding voice calls between various networks and end-point devices is increasingly necessary.
- What is transcoding and when to use it.
- Audio codecs and comparing codecs.
- Voice quality.
- Transcoding tradeoffs: software vs hardware.
- Applications and use cases.
- Transcoding benchmarking test results.
- Sangoma transcoding products.
Transcoding is a growing requirement of today’s disparate communications network environment. In a time when phone calls must often traverse multiple networks, and in which different networks often support different codecs and protocols, transcoding voice calls between various networks and end-point devices is increasingly necessary.
This white paper explains transcoding and codecs, outlining their operation and application to VoIP, along with relevant products from Sangoma Technologies, delineating their value proposition and benefits for buyers.